Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Assassin's Creed 2017 Leak: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, if you didn't already know we didn't get a new Assassin's Creed game in 2016. Instead, we got the movie, which turned out to be pretty bad. Ubisoft already stated they were going to skip a year in order to have time to make the next game in the series better. Well, apparently a screenshot from the new Assassin's Creed game has been leaked on Reddit. Get this, the image is legitimate. Have a look at it yourself.
Image Provided by Imgur

















I guess the question we all have what is the setting this game will take place in? It's kind of difficult to say based on this screenshot alone. It could be Egypt based on all the speculation that has been made for a while now, but that doesn't look like a desert to me.

My main concern is the fact that you're back on a boat. Don't get me wrong, I loved Assassin's Creed IV, but I think Naval combat should just not return to future games. If people really wanted it to come back, then just go back to Assassin's Creed IV. I don't mind there being a traveling system done by boat, but I don't want this to be a huge open world to the point where you're going to be spending most of your time on a boat.

Knowing how Ubisoft is like, I don't know how they are going to handle the open world elements in this new game. Please, just add side quests that aren't repetitive nor involve tailing people! I don't care if it's a carbon copy of Witcher 3, try doing something to justify the open-world gameplay.

Even though this is just a screenshot, I'm already thinking about the story. If you haven't noticed, the recent entries haven't been doing so hot in the story department especially the future storyline. What the hell happened?

After scrolling through comment sections of websites where the leak was shared, it's a mixed reaction. For the most part, I can sum it up as "wait and see". I can agree that maybe there should have been a much longer break for the series. Since the series became annual, it's clear the quality of the games had deteriorated. The original story line with Desmond was actually interesting. Imagine how great the series would be if it just ended at III?

I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to hear more about this, but I already feel like this game is going to be a rehash of Assassin's Creed IV.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: