Wednesday, October 25, 2017

I'm done with Competitive Overwatch

Hey Guys, I wasn't planning on making this post. As a matter of fact, I was just going to keep this on the down low because I don't really talk about Overwatch much. I know I made two posts complaining about the toxicity in the game and a couple of miscellaneous posts about the game, but I've finally had enough.

Goodbye to using my main in a more serious manner...
I consider myself to be a mild mannered person. The only time I will respond to a toxic teammate is when they start believing they are "carrying" and are just overall providing no useful feedback. However, a lot of them LOVE talking over you instead of shutting their mouth up to actually listen. Believe me, there are just times where I just lose my shit if someone is being toxic to me or anyone else on the team.

The whole, "if someone is being toxic just mute them", defense just doesn't work. Do you know how much of a disadvantage you will have if you lose the amount of players in voice chat? I get that they are being an asshole, but most of them will still make call outs(albeit in the most aggressive way possible).

Don't even get me started on toxic players who don't use mics and love to spam "Thanks!" in the chat log. It's especially annoying when they just start throwing because you'll have no idea why they are throwing. A lot of the time they'll throw if you pick their "main" or you pick a hero they don't like. Even if you do make the switch, they probably will still throw.

Whenever I play Competitive, I tend to play D.Va or another tank because I just don't like playing DPS even though I main McCree. Why? If there is a toxic teammate on your team, about 99% of the time they'll blame the DPS for a loss or just their overall performance. It's probably because they wanted to play DPS, but got salty as soon as someone autolocked DPS. I get that it's more satisfying to do the damage, but if you're playing on a Diamond level or above, then you absolutely NEED to learn how to flex. 

I'm making a lot of the same arguments I made in previous posts about me bitching about the toxic players in the game because it's STILL happening. Even with the addition of the report feature on consoles, the toxicity still keeps coming. A lot of the time it's from a smurf account, so there's no point in getting it ban because they'll just make another account and continue being toxic to other people.

With the little time that I have to play this game, I have fun playing this game competitively when nobody is being toxic. If my team lost a game, there was no blame game going on. We just would say "gg" and call it a day. If there was toxic behavior going on in the game, then prepare to get ear raped from your headset.

I can't tolerate it anymore. Therefore, I'm quitting Competitive Overwatch. Season 6 is ending in a few days and I couldn't be happier. I've been thinking about quitting for a long time and now it's going to happen. One part of me is upset because I won't be able to play a match of Quick Play where people actually take the game seriously, but at the same time I won't have to deal with toxic players.

Overwatch is a fun game, but it's the community is just causing the game to implode. If you're planning on starting Overwatch, just be aware of what you are getting yourself into. Goodbye, Comp.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: