Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Friday the 13th the Game is Dead

Hey Guys, before I say anything do not hate on Gun Media or IIIFonic. This is a decision that is out of their control and I couldn't imagine what they are all going through at the moment. If you didn't know already, a courtroom case is currently going on between the developers and the creators of Friday the 13th. Although there is no final decision on the matter, it's caused Gun Media to cancel ALL future Friday the 13th DLC.

Yes, we will still be getting updates and patches. Additionally, we'll be getting dedicated serves. However, understand that the game is still not exactly in the best state in terms of quantity.

What I mean by that is that there is still so much content that this game deserves. Remember Paranoia? Yeah, that's probably never going to be released now. This game needed more game modes and this was the game mode that would have seriously changed the game up. How cool would it be to essentially play mind tricks with other people especially if you were the killer? That would have been awesome! It would totally require awareness and communication.

I'm already tearing up on the inside. I bought this game on release date. Yes, the day that the game wouldn't even function. I have over 200 hours put into the game and still play it on occasion because of how much fun I had with it.

I am grateful that the game itself will still be playable, but the thought that nothing new will come to the game is incredibly disappointing to say the least.

I'm also grateful with the post-release content that we got one year later. The number of Jason models we got is amazing and allows for different playing styles. The choice between playing on big and small maps allows very different experiences. The single-player challenges were actually fun to play. Too bad we will not be getting new additions to it.

Don't go after Victor Miller or Sean S. Cunningham. Despite how pissed off I am at them I wouldn't wish death upon them or create a witch hunt. If there is anything I can do to help support Friday the 13th the Game, I will do it in a calm and civil manner.

Gun Media, thank you for giving us this game. Yes, it's not perfect. Yes, it did need more content. Yes, the gameplay may seem repetitive. However, it was such a fun game and I will continue to support it.
Till Next Time.

No comments: