Monday, July 27, 2015

Why I'm losing interest in Assassin's Creed

Hey Guys, I've wanted to talk about this for some time. Before I get labeled a hater or something like that, I'm going to admit that Assassin's Creed is a great franchise! I loved Assassin's Creed II. It was the game I first started off with and it will always have a special place in my heart. However, I was really disappointed in the franchise once Assassin's Creed: Revelations came out. Please, hear me out before you start judging.












After I played Assassin's Creed: Revelations, I was upset about how disappointing the game was and the fact that it was the last game Ezio was going to be in. I was skeptical about the release of Assassin's Creed III when that was first announced. When the game was released, critics praised it like it was the second coming of Jesus. However, it was a totally different story when I played it. The game just didn't feel right. I wasn't traveling over rooftops, I wasn't getting any dark humor, nor did I get a likable character!

The game added new things to the franchise such as hunting and naval combat. These were really cool additions to the game, but so many critics probably gave this game such a high score for these mechanics. However, this was the last game in the franchise where the future story line was actually interesting. This game doesn't deserve anything above an 8 when you really look back at things. Assassin's Creed III wasn't as good as many critics claim it to be, but it wasn't a bad game either.

Don't even get me started on Assassin's Creed IV. I got the game as a Christmas gift back in 2013. I didn't play the game until probably a couple of days after Christmas. After I first played it, I only put in maybe about 5 hours worth of gameplay into it and I just stopped playing it. I didn't play the game again until I got the game as part of the Assassin's Creed Xbox One bundle.

Literally, I beat the game after a year I got it and I played it on a current-gen console. I had to force myself to play through Assassin's Creed IV. Much like Assassin's Creed III, critics have claimed that this is the best game in the series since Assassin's Creed II. Seriously, people have praised this game like crazy. The game is huge and there is so much to do, but it still doesn't mask the many flaws that this game has. The story is the game is average at best and the future story is just so boring!

I think most people were just so impressed by the visuals and gameplay that they just overlooked the story. Don't even get me started on the multiplayer. I never was a fan of the multiplayer aspect of the franchise when it first released in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Assassin's Creed: Unity is the nail in the coffin for the franchise. However, the nail isn't completely in the coffin. The tip is just barely in the coffin. Why do I say this? Assassin's Creed: Syndicate might just be what hammers the nail into this beloved franchise.

People have got the chance to play it and Ubisoft has confirmed that they make sure to put the full game in their presentations and the like. It was something they learned from Watch Dogs. I still have faith in this franchise, but I'm still just losing interest in the game.

Maybe Syndicate is the game that will finally save the franchise. It might even be Game of the Year quality material. On the other hand, it might be the one of the biggest disappointing games of the year because of glitches and bugs.

Please, if Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is a disaster, I will officially be done with this franchise. Only if Ubisoft didn't switch to annual releases then this franchise wouldn't have these problems.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: