Friday, August 5, 2016

Call of Duty Haters are Hypocrites

Hey Guys, I'm going to go off topic for a bit to update you on my real life. I am sore as hell because I've been working at my new job for almost two weeks. I kind of need the job in order to pay for school. Additionally, I work the evening shift, so I get home pretty late. Once school starts back up, I have to find the time to continue writing. Fortunately, I will have some free time in between classes.

Okay, now back to the topic at hand before I start putting you all to sleep.

Last night, I stumbled upon an article on Gamespot that was entitled, "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Is This Generation's Best-Selling Game". If you haven't noticed, this is just a clickbait title. However, it's not necessarily wrong. By Best-Selling, I'm 100% sure it means how fast it sold rather than just lifetime sales. Shit, there was no way Black Ops 3 can beat Grand Theft Auto V in terms of lifetime sales. Keep in mind that GTA V has been out for almost three years and still makes the top 10 on NPD Group for best-selling games.

Despite the fact that there are so many players saying "COD is Dead" or "It's not cool to make fun of the Dead", they don't realize that it's still selling like hotcakes. Jesus Christ, do these comments make me want to cut my own dick off. I'm not even a big fan of Call of Duty games, but I buy them mostly to troll all the tryhards and assholes in the game. I don't go around saying, "COD is Dead" because there are just too many people who do play.

I can pretty much guarantee these assholes who proclaim "COD is Dead" still buy the games anyways for whatever reason. Think it about, if you hated something so much then you wouldn't bother going out of your way to bash it because you don't want to associate yourself with it any longer. However, this is the internet.

What even surprised me is that the article stated Activision claimed that Infinite Warfare's pre-order numbers are rising for the more expensive versions of the game. If you've been living under a rock or just don't care, the more expensive versions of the game come with the remaster of Modern Warfare.

That's all for now, guys. I'm just really tired and need some rest.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: