Sunday, September 18, 2016

Please Pre-Order Battlefield 1 with Caution

Hey Guys, Battlefield 1 is coming within the next few weeks and it's time to have an "adult" conversation of the game. Unfortunately, I will not be having a Battlefield 1 Impressions Post because I will be having some of my impressions of the beta in this post in order to drive my point across on this post.

If you haven't heard, PoddleCorp actually took down Blizzard's servers today. They supposedly quit earlier this week, but I guess these guys are like cockroaches. The servers are back up now, but they didn't exactly let this slide this easily as they posted this...

Image Provided by Twitter

There are only two possible outcomes that could come out of this. One, EA could get its shit together and beef up its security by the time Battlefield 1 releases, so the servers could handle all the traffic that it's expected to have to begin with and to make sure the servers are stable and free from any kind of security breach from assholes like PoodleCorp. The second outcomes is that EA doesn't do anything ans allows for the servers to be attacked by hackers and flooded by the amount of players trying to play the game.

I'm aware that this has been said a million times already, but don't pre-order Battlefield 1 if you don't want to deal with the inevitable server issues. The beta was already played by 13 million players, so there is a good chance that the amount of people on the servers will be stupidly high. Must I also add that this is on a Friday?

I know that as soon as I come home from school and work on a Friday I want to pop in Battlefield 1 and start playing in order to unwind. I would be pissed off if I find out that I spent $60 on a game that I can't even play!

I'm not pre-ordering the game. From what I played from the beta, there still needs some improvement to the spawn system and weapons. Seriously, there are weapons that need to be more nerfed than others and the bugs still need to be cleaned up.

If you are going to be pre-ordeirng Battlefield 1-which I still discourage-, please listen to this piece of advice. DON'T OPEN YOUR GAME OR PUT IN OVER 2 HOURS INTO THE GAME. I know this may sound like the stupidest advice someone can give especially if it's your money. However, this is a time where you need to let the hype die down and actual use some critical thinking skills. This is the time where you need to look at reviews and to see if there are any server issues going on.

Don't look at major game journalism sites because their reviews are made before the game is made public. Please, check out reviews from ordinary folk or even trustworthy reviewers on YouTube. I know this may sound biased, but I trust Angry Joe whenever I want to make a serious decision on buying a new game. If you are aware that the game is not going to be to your liking or the game is just plain unplayable, then you can get your money back.

If you don't want to return your game, then that's okay. However, your choices will have consequences if the game does end up disappointing you. This is EA we are talking about. Anything is possible at this point.

I may take a bullet and buy the game in order to tell you as soon as possible if the game is playable and if it's good, but I am still conflicted because my trust in EA is incredibly low.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: