Monday, March 27, 2017

Video Breakdown:" 5 years + $40M = Mass Effect Andromeda"

Hey Guys, Crowbcat has recently made a montage pertaining to the controversy of Mass Effect: Andromeda ranging from its facial animations to its glitches. I posted the video below, so you could check it out. I have quite a bit to say about the video.



The original Mass Effect Trilogy was just amazing. To be honest, I started off with Mass Effect 3 and started the series backwards from there. Nonetheless, I put in hundreds of hours into Mass Effect 3 alone. I just loved the game so much. Sure, the ending was seriously garbage before the extended ending was added into the game, but the game was still good in my opinion.

Anyways, with the way Mass Effect ended where could the series possibly go? Just ask yourself that. Did we really need another Mass Effect game? I'd prefer the franchise to just stay a trilogy and that would be it. There isn't a need for a spin-off, sequel, or prequel.

If you didn't already know, EA's tight schedule for the release of Mass Effect 3 led to its god awful ending as well as cut content.

What I'm trying to get at is that this just stinks of EA's corporate bullshit. They are trying to milk one of their most successful franchises of all time. Even though it's been 5 years, there is no doubt that this game was still released way too early based on all its current problems. The fact that there was no day one patch from the get go to fix the facial animations is inexcusable. Hell, it shouldn't have released in its current state.

It may not be as bad as Assassin's Creed Unity since the game was almost unplayable when it initially released, but this is a close second.

I hear the game itself isn't so bad, but I don't believe people should be paying full price for a game with lousy animations and a shit ton of bugs. It's going to kill the experience for people who were invested into the original trilogy.

The only solution I could see to this is if EA puts Mass Effect to rest. The original trilogy was near a masterpiece and still holds up to this day. Please, just go back and play the original trilogy then play this spin-off. I refuse to call this a part of the main series.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: