Tuesday, June 27, 2017

SNES Classic: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, this is something that I'm kind of late on talking about. I saw the announcement on my way to work yesterday, so I wasn't able to talk about it at the time. Anyways, most of knew this was coming due to all the rumors surrounding the SNES Classic. Let me get into my thoughts.

Image Provided by The Verge


















I already liked the idea of the NES Classic. It didn't come with a whole lot of games, but the games it came with were great. The portability also made it a great gaming console on the go if you were on a business trip or something like that. It was great to be able to experience childhood memories in an HD port that performed well.

The main issue with it was the amount of units that were produced. Every time that they went up for sale they were already gone. Even if you wanted to go to a midnight release, there was a good chance that the store didn't have enough units to sell anyways.

A good amount of people took this as an opportunity to be a scrapper and sell their NES Classic at outrageously high prices. Shit, to this day people are still doing it.

I have the same opinions on the SNES Classic. However, it's a lot better than the NES Classic. The standout title from the SNES Classic is Star Fox 2. Before you could only play it through ROMS, but now it's getting an official release from Nintendo! Sure, it's not going to age well, but it's a Star Fox game that should be good!

I like the other games featured in the SNES Classic, but I feel like there should be other games included. Some of them being Chrono Trigger and Donkey Kong Country. I've seen a lot of fans wanting Chrono Trigger, but I personally wanted Donkey Kong Country more because it was one of the first games that I've ever played.

This is slightly more expensive than the NES Classic because this comes with an extra controller. It's even improved with the cord size and the game quality. Sure, the SNES Classic has less games, but the games featured are objectively a lot better.

I'm hoping the price tag will prevent people from buying it since it's releasing very close to Broketober. In case you want to know, it's releasing on September 29th for $80. According to Nintendo, there will be a higher stock of SNES Classic systems produced. However, it's still going to sell out just as quickly as the NES Classic.

Guaranteed Nintendo is going to discontinue this within a month after release and then we're on the N64 Classic.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: