Friday, March 31, 2017

Should we get another Witcher game?

Hey Guys, I don't believe I ever mentioned this, but the Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Hell, I've been a fan of the franchise ever since I played the Witcher 2 on the Xbox 360. Just last week I "completed" the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3 and now have a feeling of emptiness ever since I finished it. Anyways, I stumbled upon an article on how the Witcher developers are considering another Witcher game.
                                                                       If you have The Witcher 3, please play both the DLC




















Before I say anything, it's important to know that Geralt of Rivia's story was meant to be a trilogy, so it's impossible for him to have any other game in the franchise that continues his story. Witcher 3 was a satisfying conclusion to his story, so I really don't see where his story could go if there is another entry.

In addition, how could Witcher 4 top Witcher 3? Yeah, there are plenty of ways Witcher 4 could improve upon the mistakes of Witcher 3, especially when it comes to the gameplay, but what about the story and characters? We've been with Geralt for the longest time, so could we get a compelling character whose as interesting as Geralt?

To answer the question, I do believe there should be another Witcher game, but I want to see it release years from now. I want CD Projekt RED to work on Cyberpunk 2077 before they even try to come up with ideas for another Witcher game.

Personally, I think CD Projekt Red deserves a break from The Witcher. If you haven't played Witcher 3, please do yourself a favor and get the complete edition. You will spend hundreds of hours in the game trying to do side quests and collecting things. The game is literally overflowing with content. Of course, if you don't have the time then this game may not be for you. It's obvious that CD Projeckt Red worked their asses off on the game, so why not have a break?

While it will be a bit depressing that we won't see Geralt anymore should there be another Witcher game, but I guess it's time for a fresh start with a new character and story.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: