Thursday, January 19, 2017

This is why the Resident Evil 7 season pass kind of sucks...

Hey Guys, with less than a week to go until Resident Evil 7 releases there is already a season pass that was listed on Steam. I came across this news as I was looking for more Resident Evil 7 news to calm down my hype. Well, this season pass did more than just that. I'm only saying it kind of sucks just because there isn't enough information, so my opinion can change. Let me continue...

You can view the details on the official Steam page

There is no release date nor price that was listed with the season pass, so I can't really be too critical when it comes to the value of the content in the season pass. However, why they didn't have a release date listed is beyond me.

It's already confirmed that there will be free story DLC available sometime in the Spring, so I guess this "additional story episode" will be something entirely different. I'd rather have it being a side-story rather than it continuing on from the main game that way you wouldn't have to pay for it.

These "banned footages" are probably those VHS tapes you could pick up and play. Whether they have any impact on the main plot or not is unknown. Even if they did, then why would they charge the players for it? That would just be a scumbag move.

As I said earlier, this is still early. Maybe there will be more content available in the season pass, so that might explain why there is no price available for it yet. If it's $40 or less, then it might be worth the price if it's adding story content rather than cosmetics or something similar.

However, the game has to actually be good before a season pass is even worth purchasing in the first place. Personally, I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 7, but I can't get it day one due to time constraints. I hope it turns out to be good and doesn't go into Resident Evil 6's identity crisis.

Sorry for the short post today, I'm trying my hardest to find the time to write at least once or twice a week. Sometimes time management between work and school can get in the way of hobbies.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: