Friday, November 18, 2016

Titanfall 2: An Underrated Gem

Hey Guys, finally I'm back from the dead. This morning I just bought both Witcher 3 DLCs and am totally hyped to try them as soon as I get home from work. If you are at all wanting to get games on the cheap, then it's time to do it since today marks the first day of Black Friday sales through the Xbox Store.

If you plan on buying some games through the Xbox Store, I highly recommend. buying Witcher 3, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, and even Battlefield 1. You can view the full list of games on sale in the Xbox Store on Major Nelson's blog. However, I really want people to start giving Titanfall 2 the attention it deserves since I personally see it as one of the most underrated games of 2016 and easily the biggest surprise of 2016.

Image provided by Reddit user Xzreal
I bought Titanfall 2 around November 3rd for about $37 when it was on sale on Amazon. Because of  my experience with the first game, I was a bit skeptical of how this game was going to hold my attention, but it turns out I was being paranoid for no reason.

I've been spending most of my time on the multiplayer portion of the game rather than the single-player campaign because I am just addicted to the multiplayer for Titanfall 2. I have no idea how Respawn made the multiplayer even better than the first Titanfall. Unlike Call of Duty, this game is balanced for the most part and is rather easy to pick and play. However, it's kind of like chess in the sense that it's easy to learn but takes time to master.

I believe I only got to the third mission in the campaign, but it's a decent story. It's not great by any means, but it's a lot better than what we got in the first game. However, it's way too short in my book and I could probably beat this is about 4 hours if I sat down and played it.

What disappoints me the most about the game is its sales. Yesterday, The NPD Group released the list of the top-selling games for October 2016 and by no surprise Battlefield 1 was the best-selling game for October. Titanfall 2 sat at the 9th best-selling game.

I was shocked to see that even the Skyrim Remaster outsold Titanfall 2. That game is about 5 years old and people still paid full price for it? Don't get me wrong, I loved Skyrim, but I have no intention of getting an upgraded version of a game I've already played and don't have the time to go through it again. Come on guys, at least try to get a game that you've never played before!

Originally, I wasn't planning on getting Titanfall 2 since I did buy Battlefield 1. Yes, I'm a part of the problem why Titanfall 2 didn't sell well in the first week of its release. Personally, I do feel like the release of the game was poorly timed since it literally was going to get overshadowed by Battlefield 1 let alone Mafia III and Gears of War 4. It should have been pushed back to either November or December, so people can actually have the time or money to play the game.

It really is a shame that this game is not getting attention. Please, go out and get a copy of the game. It's worth the $60, but if you want a deal then wait until Black Friday or get it digitally for about half the price as well. I should also add that free DLC will be released for the game, so don't expect to see any season pass.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: