Sunday, January 1, 2017

Overpriced Collector's Edition: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I hope you guys had a wonderful New Year's Eve day or whatever. First day of 2017 and I'm already tired. Anyways, it's been a pretty slow weeks in terms of gaming news, so I think it's time to have a discussion about something that has been on my mind for a while. Collector's Editions.
Image Provided by GameSpot


Okay, I am aware that people are allowed to buy whatever they want since they worked to get their money, but there is no denying that these collector's editions are getting way too pricey. This For Honor Collector's Edition is literally $220.

This particular collector's edition comes with the Gold Edition of the game as well as a big ass statue, which probably adds that extra $100 to the price tag. The Gold Edition itself includes the season pass. Everything else is just physical merchandise.

Personally, I never buy games that have a collector's edition. For one, they are pretty expensive. Second, they only appeal to a certain group of people. I'm not a fan of these collector's edition that includes steelbook cases and lack of physical merchandise. The Titanfall 2 Vanguard Edition or whatever it was called is easily the coolest collector's edition I've seen since it includes a wearable helmet. However, even that was a bit too pricey.

Remember Amazon's Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition? One of them didn't even include the game, which could either be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

What I'm trying to get at is that these collector's editions are getting way too expensive. The cheapest collector's edition I've seen in a while would be Dishonored 2, which was only $100 and came with a replica of Corvo's mask. Video game companies or retailers should allow collector's edition that either include the game or not to knock off the price a bit.

An even better solution would be to just move on and not buy them at all. Hell, some of them lose their value overtime, so you could probably find them a lot cheaper online or something.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm rambling. I'm still exhausted and am going to lay in the bed most of the day after this. Seriously, I want to thank you all for reading and waiting on me to continue writing.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: