Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The State of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3

Hey Guys, before I actually share my thoughts on this particular topic I have to mention that I have never played any of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games before. While I may be seen as unreliable due to my lack of experience on the games, I still can have an option based on the number of issues being reported. Anyways, let's get this going.
Image Provided by GameSpot

















Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is the first AAA game from CI Games. Well, in the sense of having a much bigger budget. The other games were obviously very linear and the gameplay itself was relatively simple due to not having much of a budget.

Both of the previous games were pretty much ravaged by critics, but it somehow sold well. According to CI Games, the series sold around 5.5 million copies. I don't know if this number is right, but I'm guessing the games have gained a cult following despite critics not liking the series as a whole. Hell, I'm surprised that the whole series did sell this much despite there being a lack of promotion for the games.

Anyways, you'd expect with a bigger budget that Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 would be the best game in the franchise. Right? Oh boy.

While the game is generally getting mixed reviews from bigger gaming news outlets, a lot of small YouTubers are giving honest reviews about the game especially around its technical performance. Just looking at gameplay videos of the game makes you want to cringe because of the amount of framerate drops, bugs, and glitches.

What the hell did CI Games do with the budget? Did they spend most of it on the visuals and open-world environments? Did they even playtest this shit!? Seriously, where are the testers at? Either they're not using them or didn't bother hiring some for this game.

Even when you get past all the technical stuff, all you get is a generic story as well as subjective gameplay. By that I mean that the gameplay has potential, but it's going to depend on the player's preferences. Actually, it's heartbreaking to think that this game did have potential, but this game was clearly rushed out the door due to its poor performance. This is happening on PC as well, so imagine how bad this game must run on consoles.

Do I have any intention of playing this game? Probably not. Imagine how much better this game would be if the developers took the time to polish it.

Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity were already prime example of what happens when they are rushed out the door way too early. However, this shit is still happening. Not on a grand scale, but it's still happening. Will it ever stop? No. These publishers especially are the ones to blame. Keep in mind that the publishers are the ones to make these deadlines, so it's mostly their fault that games are not given enough time to be polished.

Before I end this, I just watched the Call of Duty WWII trailer and will post my thoughts tomorrow. Right now, I just want people to takeaway the lesson here. Publishers are to blame for all these buggy launches.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: