Monday, April 10, 2017

Update: RIP Wallet, Xbox Scorpio, and Stuff

Hey Guys, just wanted to make an update post since it's been a while. Today, I'm going to talk about the Xbox Spring Sale, the price of the Xbox Scorpio and something unplanned.

Xbox Spring Sale
Anyways, the Xbox Spring Sale starts tomorrow and I really can't buy anything at the moment since part of my tuition bill is due next week, so I'm incredibly pissed about that. I would have loved to catch Watch Dogs 2 on sale as I beat the first one about a month ago. Maybe I'll get one game that is less than $20, but I can't be spending anything more than that.

Xbox Scorpio
With the specs finally revealed for the Xbox Scorpio, I see a lot of negative feedback about it mostly from PC elitist. Look, it's a console. A very powerful console. It's not going to compete with a PC that is installed with a GTX 1080. However, it is impressive that the console is going to be running games at native 4K at 60fps. I thought that would be a stretch, but I guess Microsoft is going to pull it off.

I'm not a graphics whore or anything, but 4K at 60fps is just erection worthy. I don't think every game will run like that, but it's still impressive nonetheless from a console.

A lot of speculations are being made about the price. I've seen price predictions from $400 to $900. Keep in mind that when the Xbox One initially released with the Kinect it was $500. The PlayStation 4 Pro is only $400. Assuming that the Xbox Scorpio is being released without a bundle, I would imagine that $500 is a fair price point. If that son of a bitch is going to be $400 or $450, then you bet it's going to sell like hotcakes.

Persona 5 Streaming Situation
This has got to be one of the most controversial moves that Atlus or any game developer has made so far this year. To make a long story short, Atlus worked their asses off on Persona 5 and don't want Western players to be spoiled on the game's plot, so they are going hard on people who stream Persona 5 story gameplay.

You can show certain parts of the story, but not much else. If you do stream more of Persona 5's story, you're going to get hit with copyright issues.

Fair use is literally being ignored by the world. However, a lot of scumbags in the world are going to try to find a loophole in the system, so they can abuse content creators for this kind of bullshit.

Are they going to censor websites that discuss the game too? What about Wikipedia where you can literally read the game's plot? This kind of thing will literally make you want to give up hope in humanity because of how little respect we have for one another.

Now that I have my ramblings out of the way, I'm done for today. Not sure what else is going to be new for this week, but I'm going to try to have six posts this month.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: