Monday, April 17, 2017

Star Wars Battlefront II: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, the gaming community as well as Star Wars fan are buzzing about the recent announcement of Star Wars Battlefront II, which will be released on November 17th, 2017.
Image Provided by Den of Geek




















I'm going to start off with the positive. It's a cool idea that pretty much every character from both the new and old Star Wars films will be appearing in the game. How they'll be balanced is beyond me, but fans are going to be happy about this nonetheless.

The visuals just capture the Star Wars feeling. This is just a game that looks and feels like Star Wars much like the original game.

Additionally, no Season Pass! I was surprised to even hear this especially when it's coming from EA. However, they want to try something "different". Who the hell knows what that means? Honestly, the DLC should be free and the game's longevity would be prolonged. The original game's playerbase dropped significantly around the three months it originally released.

What disappointing me was the amount of players that could be on one server, which is 40. This is Battlefront! Why couldn't we get 64 players?

However, this game is going to be class based, so it's possible this is going to a lot less causal than the original game where a lot of the criticism was drawn at. While I prefer to not see a Call of Duty approach to it, I don't want this to be a reskin of Battlefield.

The one thing that has to be mentioned is the inclusion of a campaign mode! Finally! Even though DICE is the developer, it's great that EA is giving them time to actually work on both. I do hope the campaign is actually good.

Before I go, I just want to give a PSA to NOT PRE-ORDER. Even though it looks like DICE is doing what they can to improve the game, this is still being published by EA, so anything could happen.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: