Friday, June 16, 2017

Why Sony's E3 was Underwhelming

Hey Guys, guess we're going to talk about Sony's E3 conference. I've been on PlayStation for six months now because I want in on that Sony exclusive orgy. Before anything was said, I was really looking forward to seeing more of Death Stranding as well as The Last of Us Part II.

Image Provided by Nerd Much?














When it was announced that Death Stranding wouldn't appear at E3, I was pretty upset. I don't if it's because I'm still butthurt about Silent Hills being canceled, but Death Stranding could be that one piece of victory that Kojima could have if Death Stranding is a hit. However, we still have no idea what the hell that game is all about. For God's sake, even Kojima's team couldn't understand it when he first explained it.

I was also upset about there being no Last of Us Part II. It's been some time since we've seen the trailer for the game's announcement. Personally, I feel like development should have been nearly completed when it was announced, so we could get the game a lot earlier.

What made Sony's E3 most underwhelming was the fact that we didn't get anything particularly new. What I mean by that is the fact that we just seen more of the new God War, Days Gone, Uncharted, Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC, and a Shadow of the Colossus remaster for the PS4.

Sure, we got a lot of announcements for the PSVR, but how many have actually bought that thing? It costs just as much as a PS4 Pro, why buy the PSVR if you can just pay for an upgraded PS4?

Before you raise your pitchforks, just know this is my own silly opinion. I'm not interested in the new Spider-Man game. There was a trend that most Spider-Man games after Spider-Man 2 are usually bad. Additionally, I'm not big on Superhero games based on comics. Judge me if you want, but that's because I was raised on comics.

We even seen Call of Duty: WW2 and Destiny 2 during the conference, but those aren't exclusive games. Remember, I already made a vow to never talk about Destiny on this blog again after the disappointment I felt after playing the game. Maybe I'll rent Destiny 2, but I'm on edge about it.

Before I wrap up, I forgot to mention Detroit. Say what you want about David Cage, but I actually liked Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm not sure if I'm 100% going to get it day one.

As I said before, E3 itself was disappointing this year. Nintendo won E3 because their games are gold most of the time.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: