Sunday, December 13, 2015

DICE Confirms Development on next Battlefield game: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I have some mixed thoughts right now. I am happy that we are getting a new Battlefield game, but I am also mad that we are getting a new Battlefield game. I know it may sound contradictory, but allow me to explain.

In case you have not seen the tweet, here it is,
You can check it out here.

















Battlefield is easily one of my favorite first person shooters to play online. However, Battlefield 4 was very disappointing when it came out because of how soon it was released. I have not played Battlefield Hardline, but I did not play it because I just did not like the fact that it was not the Battlefield game I am used to. I am not the only one who feels this way; it's clear that Battlefield Hardline is just a mixed bag.

My biggest concern here is the fact that it's too early for a Battlefield game to be announced. Couldn't they have waited until next year or maybe a couple of years to make an announcement?

I know it's not a formal announcement, but EA is planning for a release in 2016. Keep in mind that Battlefield Hardline only released back in March of this year. Additionally, Battlefield 4 was not even 2 years old at that time when Hardline released. I really hope this sets off red flags for you guys.

I could be wrong though. It is not clear if this will be Battlefield 5 or even another Bad Company game or something else. Maybe the release date could be pushed back a year or two.

It's cool there is another Battlefield game! However, I do not want another rehash of Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline. Last time I checked, there are more active players on Battlefield 4 than on Battlefield Hardline. You know why? Because Battlefield 4 was a lot more fun to play because the game has been improved since the day it released. You can even still have fun with Battlefield 3 despite the game being about 3 or 4 years old!

I'm being paranoid right now, but I will give this the benefit of the doubt. I do hope that more effort is put into this next installment in the Battlefield franchise.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: