Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Was Bethesda's E3 2017 Conference THAT Bad?

Hey Guys, I know that Bethesda's conference was a couple of days ago, but I wasn't sure if I was going to talk about any of the conferences. To be honest, this has to be one of the most disappointing E3 conferences in recent years. Out of all the companies that were at E3, I noticed that Bethesda has been getting shit on the most. I didn't see the conference day one. I went back to watch it to see what the fuss is about. Was it that bad? Well, let's go over what happened during the conference.
Image Provided by Reddit

Let's address the elephant in the room. Why the hell are we getting another Skyrim port? I get that it's a way to increase the library of games available for the Switch, but there are so many superior versions of Skyrim available. If you have the options of playing Skyrim on either PC or the Nintendo Switch, I'm 100% sure you would say PC.

Skyrim is a great game, but Bethesda can't rely on Skyrim ports to win over fans. Hell, at this rate we might be seeing Fallout 4 getting ported as well. I'm just hoping that Skyrim doesn't end up going the Resident Evil 4 route in terms of porting.

Fallout 4 and Doom are getting the VR treatment. You see a trend right? So far we are seeing games we have played before, but they are getting updated. While it's cool that Fallout 4 and Doom are getting VR upgrades, I really don't want Bethesda to keep going back to its older games. Doom is a year old and Fallout 4 is going on two years in November.

As a side note, can you imagine playing Doom in VR? The fast movement is easily going to cause motion sickness, so how the hell is it even going to be playable unless they slow down the game's pace?

The Evil Within and Wolfenstein are getting sequels. Great. I'm not being sarcastic at all. I liked The Evil Within and am happy that we are getting another game. It does have its faults especially for the lead character who seems to be nonchalant about everything going on in the game.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus was an unexpected announcement. The New Order is a criminally underrated game. I liked the gameplay as well as the story. If you haven't played The New Order, you can pick it up at a dirt cheap price.

Do you really want me to go into the Creation Club? I don't know if those credits are going to cost real money or not, but I'm sure they are. Paid mods have never been okay to me. However, there are people who pour their hearts and souls into these mods that do deserve to make a profit. I prefer to not come to conclusions yet as we still have to wait to see what comes of this.

I have yet to finish Dishonored 2, so it does suck that I won't experience the new DLC until I do complete the main game.

So was Bethesda's conference that bad? Well, it wasn't good. However, I wouldn't say it was a trainwreck. There were some good announcements made during the conference, but I guess the Skyrim port and the Creation Club is what really killed their show.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: