Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Rage 2: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, a few days ago Bethesda released the official announcement trailer for Rage 2. If you've been following the game, you would have known that the game has been teased for a while now. Regardless, its announcement came as a surprise. Out of all the franchises that id Software could have brought back, they decided to bring back Rage.

Image Provided by DFTG

















Rage was released all the way back in 2011. I didn't play the game back when it first released, but I heard about the PC port being damn near unplayable. However, I did play the game a year after its release and have some relatively good things to say about it.

Rage is a good but flawed game. In retrospect, I understand why some people would call the game disappointing. The story wasn't great, the characters weren't interesting despite giving us a Borderlands-like tone, and the driving combat felt a little tact on. However, the combat itself was great. I also was impressed with the game's graphics despite being seven years old.

It's been a while since I've played the game, but I can say for certain that it's underrated. The game did sell moderately well for a new IP, so a sequel wasn't out of the question, but seven years later is unexpected.

Based on the two trailers that have been released on Rage 2, I can say that this game does look promising. I would love to see more gameplay on it, but I'm still getting that Mad Max and Borderlands like vibe to this game. Maybe this game will have more of a narrative than the original? I sure as shit hope so because this is a game that can benefit from a good story.

id Software has been killing it these past years especially with Doom and Wolfenstein II. I'm confidant that the same can happen for Rage 2. If they fix all the criticisms that I mentioned, I'm sure the sequel will be superior to the original Rage.

If you haven't played the original Rage, I would say give it a shot. Don't expect to be blown out of this world, but it's still a damn good time.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: