Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nintendo Switch: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I know that I've said I'm done talking about consoles. However, since the Wii U has been out longer than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 I'll make Nintendo's new console an exception,. Additionally, I need something to hold you guys off until I wrap up my Gears of War 4 review.

Even the logo is sexy to look at...


Nintendo is literally the king of having creative ideas. The Nintendo Switch is easily one of the coolest consoles that I've ever seen. A handheld/console hybrid is something you would think of in your dreams rather than it being a reality. Yeah, I guess you could consider the Wii U a handheld/console hybrid, but I don't know much people who actually were fond of using a Wii U gamepad.

Imagine being on a college campus and not having a TV in your dorm for whatever reason. You could have a handheld with the power of a console to have something to do in your down time. Maybe you really want to take shit, but don't want to leave your couch. Not a problem!

In all seriousness, I do like the idea of convenience that this console provides since I'm assuming you don't even need a TV to play it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, so I don't look like a complete dumbass.

Of course, I have to be a bit skeptical of the console itself. First off, there has to be some kind of downgrade once the Nintendo Switch is not plugged into a TV. Maybe the quality of the graphics would go down, but this is Nintendo after all and we all know that they don't prioritize graphics.

Speaking about graphics, please don't expect the Nintendo Switch's graphics to be able to stack up with the Xbox One or PS4- let alone the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation Pro. The console might be a bit more powerful than the Wii U, but this is something I really don't care about since I would only be playing Nintendo games on the Switch.

I must also add that Nintendo has finally learned their lesson and has a massive third-party developer list, so for those of you who don't have an Xbox One or PS4 and don't plan on getting the newer consoles then this is a good option. Additionally, Nintendo's games are almost always pure gold.

My main issue with Nintendo's new console is the release date. I feel like they are releasing it way too early. I feel that maybe they should have released it in early 2018. Why? Well, the newer consoles will be coming out and are appealing to people due to their power. However, if the Nintendo Switch is $300 or under than I would have no problem with the release date.

That's all for me today. I'll have the Gears of War 4 review sometime this week. I have midterms coming up, so I really need to study. By the way, I do know about Red Dead Redeption 2 and am looking forward to finding out more about it. Lastly, I picked up Battlefield 1 on Friday and am not sure if I should review it. So far, it's not a disappointment.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: