Monday, December 5, 2016

PSA: Don't Buy a PS3 12GB System for over $100

Hey Guys, you might be wondering where I have been. Well, long hours of studying and working have been holding me back from writing. Over the weekend, I was able to catch up on some video games and actually make a couple of pick ups. It's nothing too special, but I do have some announcements to make for those of you who are either collecting old video game consoles.

I ended up getting this baby from my local pawn shop for just $60.
She's a bit dusty, but she runs just fine...
If you never been to a pawn shop before, then all you need to know is that you get what you pay for.
Everything is not labeld with specifics and I bought this console not knowing that this was the 12GB model. While I only paid about $60 for it, I still feel like I was ripped off.

However, it's not too bad as I could always upgrade the hard drive at a dirt cheap price since the PS3 is not too high in demand nowadays. I literally found a 500GB hard drive for this specific model for around $37, so I pick that up at a later time since I won't have time to use it. If you're wondering what games I bought with the system, then here they are...

It really isn't anything special...
No, I didn't pick these up at the pawnshop. I got them from GameStop since I could use some more points to get some coupons. If I had the time and didn't have to do holiday shopping, then I would have bought a lot more games. I've always wanted to play The Last of Us and Uncharted series, so I just couldn't pass up buying a PS3 on the cheap.

My plan is to collect most of the PS3 exclusive games as well as games that I couldn't find for the Xbox 360 either because they are cheaper or obviously couldn't find them. Eventually, I'll get a PS4, but I literally have no spare room to put it.

I know I did a bit of clickbait, but seriously don't go to GameStop and get this 12GB model for over a $100. You can find it a lot cheaper pretty much anywhere online and just upgrade the hard drive.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: