Monday, January 25, 2016

Should there even be a Destiny 2?

Hey Guys, I could not enjoy Destiny. It's not just because of the monotonous gameplay, but it's because of how disappointed the game made me feel that just made me quit Destiny

If you've been reading on my blog for a while, you should already know my stance on Destiny. As soon as The Taken King was released, I officially quit Destiny and am proud of it. Before Destiny fanboys react, keep in mind that I don't think it's a bad game, but it's Bungie who is really to blame for me not enjoying the game.

Recently, there was news floating around that the announced Destiny sequel is being postponed until 2017. My biggest question is this: should this even exist?

Before any Destiny fanboys start attacking me or just exits out of the page, let me explain then you could judge me all you want.

I'm going to go back in time, so here is an article on GameSpot that contains information on Destiny's lifespan by Bungie Community manger David Dague. He stated, "Given the different ways of playing Destiny...the amount of time that we’ll be relevant to the gamers who decide to play it is something that we think will be a very long life-cycle".

It's not really specified exactly how long this life-cycle is going to be. I've seen reports of 10 years or even less than that, but I could be wrong. The game was released in September 2014, so it has not been out for 2 years as of writing this and there is already a Destiny 2 planned.

What the hell? Will somebody please take me off this planet or at least get me a Mountain Dew with some Doritos?

As of writing this, the game has received two expansions. In my opinion, the first two kind of sucked and only really gave some new maps, but without these maps it will be pretty hard to find a match to play on. Regardless, that expansion pass was a waste of $30 since those expansions were less than stellar.

Fast forward to when The Taken King's price was announced and you could tell how pissed Destiny expansion pass owners were. If someone is going to buy an expansion pass for some new modes and maps,-especially if most of them were garbage-then they should have the right to have access to all future expansions at not additional cost. As a matter of fact, it would have been cheaper to get The Taken King when it came out then buying Destiny and its seasons pass back when it was new.

Instead of having to develop a sequel to Destiny, why not focus on the first game and making it better? Seriously, continue to support the game's life-cycle like it was originally intended to. If the game was meant to be like an MMORPG,-which it was treated as such since its inception-then give it the support of one!

If The Taken King is treated as its own game, then there is no need for a sequel to begin with. Instead of a sequel, how about making more DLC for the game that it is both story-driven and multiplayer-driven. For anybody who originally bought the expansion pass, they should be able to receive these expansion packs for free or for at least a significantly reduced price.

In the grand scheme of things, my opinion really does not matter and you're not obligated to take me seriously, but Destiny is still a game that is open to constructive criticism. By the way, thank you all so much for 70,000 page views. You don't know how much that means to me. Even if I get less than 12 views on each post, I'm still happy about since it shows someone having interest in my writings.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: