Saturday, July 23, 2016

Project Sonic 2017: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, a new Sonic game was announced yesterday at San Diego Comic-Con. Of course, it's an honor due to Sonic's 25th Anniversary. There was also a 2D Sonic game announced, but I'm not going to be focusing on that. I really want to talk about the brand new game that Sega called an "epic title".

If you haven't already, you can check out the trailer here
I want to first talk about the visuals. Just looking at the screenshot shows how beautiful the art style is and the atmosphere. I find this reminiscent of Crisis City from Sonic 06. Oh God, please don't even get me started on that game.

I noticed a lot of people bitching in the comments section about Classic Sonic being playable in this game. First of all, they do have a right to their opinion. Personally, I don't really care about the addition of Classic Sonic. However, I can see where the dislikes are coming from. People complain that either Classic Sonic doesn't add anything new or it's because Classic Sonic made Sonic Generations feel different.

Although most modern Sonic games have been disappointing or bad, I actually have hope that this game will be good. This game is being developed by the same team who made Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. Both of those games were great, so I doubt that this game would be bad.

Additionally, this game is releasing in the Holiday of 2017. There is plenty of time for the team to make the necessary changes to make sure that this game is great.

I also find it interesting that this is Sonic's first major adventure on Xbox One and PS4 if I am not mistaken. This game is also coming on NX for those of you who are interested in getting the NX.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: