Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Resident Evil 7: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I wasn't expecting to see a reveal for the next Resident Evil game this early. It was confirmed that the game was set to be announced, but I had no idea it would be announced yesterday. Before I go on to my thoughts, please check out the trailer for the game first. Do not scroll to the comments, so you could have your own thoughts first.

Seen the trailer? Well, I hope you did because here are my thoughts on the trailer.
This will be released on January 24th, 2017











It should be noted that the trailer is in first-person. This is because the game will be compatible with the PlayStation VR. I should also add that a demo is available to PlayStation Plus members.

I'm a bit disappointed that Resident Evil has joined the bandwagon of first-person video games. However, I will assume that you don't have to play the game in first-person if you don't want to. I would rather play the game in third-person because that's just how I am used to playing Resident Evil.

I'm also disappointed that none of the main Resident Evil characters are not in the trailer. I get if they are trying to introduce a new set of characters to build up a sense of horror or something like that, but I really want to see a continuation of the series from Resident Evil 6. It doesn't even seem like this game is even part of the storyline.

And that's my main gripe with the trailer. It doesn't feel like Resident Evil. Where are the zombies? Where are the characters? Why is it in first-person? I feel like I'm watching a trailer to an Outlast DLC.

I get that Capcom is trying to return Resident Evil back to its horror roots, but Resident Evil needs to have its story.

The trailer itself is good, but it's not good for a Resident Evil game. I know I sound like I'm bitching, but it's just how I feel. I should give this trailer the benefit of the doubt because the game is coming in 2017, so there is plenty of time to see what the game becomes.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: