Sunday, July 16, 2017

NeoGaf Responses #2

Hey Guys, it's been a while since I have done one of these, but I guess now's a time to have a discussion on the things I find interesting.

1) Do you think Anthem will get a downgrade graphically?
Even though Anthem is a damn good looking game, there is no way in hell it's going to look that way by the time it releases. I want the game to look the way it did in that E3 trailer, but remember that this game is being published by EA. The same company other than Ubisoft that is known to either release games too early and to downgrade their graphics.

Additionally, I agree with one of the comments on this post. It's a modern day game, so of course there is going to be downgrade. However, it's still going to be a good looking game especially on Xbox One X and PC.

2) 4k gaming TVs to Target on Prime Day?
The problem with discounted 4k TVs is that they aren't the good ones. All of them are going to output true 4k no matter what anyone says. However, it's the HDR that is going to make you get the most out of a 4k TV. The OP makes a great point that you have to do some research before you buy a 4k TV especially during a sale like Prime Day.

The Samsung KS8000 series is arguable the best set of TVs for 4k HDR gaming. However, they are difficult to find. You can go on Ebay to find one of them, but they are either overpriced or faulty is some way shape or form.

I suggest doing your own research to see which TV will satisfy your needs. After doing my research, I'm looking into the Sony XBR49X900E. I'm not a big fan of big TVs for gaming and I know that a big TV will show 4k a lot better, but it suits my needs.

3) What current gen game would you introduce a first time gamer to?
This is a hard question to answer. Why? Because a first time gamer doesn't really have a genre that could keep their attention. You all know how big of a fanboy I am of The Witcher 3, so if the person is into fantasy then it's right up their alley.

If they like cooperative games, then I would say Overwatch.You could have fun with the game on quick play without the toxicity and even when you're on a losing streak you could still have fun.

If they want a story, then they'll have a long list of games. First one to come to mind would be The Last of Us, but even that game is not for everyone due to its violence.

As I said before, it all depends on the person. What's the point of recommending a game that I know they wouldn't be interested in?

4) Series in which you went from rabid fan to having a casual interest. What lost you?
Before you raise your pitchforks, please understand where I come from. I was a mega fan of Resident Evil. Literally, I was all into the lore and characters. However, after the release of Resident Evil 6 I just turned into a casual fan.

In retrospect, Resident Evil 6 wasn't a bad game. It just happened to be the downfall of Resident Evil as a survival horror genre until Resident Evil 7 came along. I love Resident Evil 7, but wouldn't you have loved to see zombies and our beloved characters again? I get that these changes were made in Resident Evil 7 in order to be more terrifying, but I guess it's just a new generation for Resident Evil.

Additionally, I've grown apart from a lot of single player games because of the amount of time I spend on online games nowadays.

5) LTTP: Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection - Is it worth to play?
I was in a similar boat as the OP. I've never played an Uncharted game before I got into Uncharted 4. What a big mistake I made to play Uncharted 4 before the previous games because I wasn't familiar with a lot of the characters in the game.

You don't necessarily need to play the other games to play Uncharted 4 since the plot doesn't revolve around the past games other than a couple of references.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is great for new players and old players alike. I can agree with OP that the first Uncharted game didn't age very well and is weak compared to the later games, but I guess this is a genre that not everyone is going to get into. I can also agree that the climbing sections are linear and simple.

However, nobody can deny that Uncharted's gameplay has remained relatively unchanged, but it more than makes up for it in the story department.

Nonetheless, the collection is probably around $20, so I don't see the problem with picking up a copy today if you want to experience or go back to the story of Nathan Drake. I would definitely say that all PlayStation 4 owners should own a copy of Uncharted 4 and ideally have The Nathan Drake Collection.

Sorry for not posting in a while. I'll post as much content before July comes to a close and am looking forward to the upcoming Fall season of gaming.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: