Monday, October 10, 2016

Xbox One Hard Drive RANT!!

Hey Guys, it's time for me to go into full on rant mode. Before I go on, I must first mention that I just pre-ordered Gears of War 4 from GameStop. I'm not sure if I am going to pick up at midnight on Tuesday or pick up on Tuesday morning. Either way, it's going to take me quite a bit of time to download the game due to how big it is. It's literally just over 50GB and will be around 70-80GB by the time DLC releases for the game.

I was even going to pick up Mafia III, but I don't even have the room to download the game! I literally just have a little over 60GB on my hard drive. Additionally, I want to wait for a review from someone reliable before Mafia III due to the fact that review copies of the game were not given to anyone.

Nonetheless, I was inspired to finally say something about these stupid Xbox hard drives. I'm talking about the built-in hard drives as well as some of their licensed hard drives.

First of all, I don't understand how in the world can Microsoft even allow Xbox Ones to release with a 500GB or even 1TB hard drive!? Seriously, we are at that point in time where not even 1TB will get the job anymore if you like buying new games every couple of months or so. Imagine getting a new game every month! 1TB will be utterly useless at that point.

I get that a 500GB Xbox One would be aimed for people who don't play as many video games, but imagine what will happen once the system updates take up more than half the hard drive space. Yeah, not even for ultra casual players 500GB will just not keep up.

Some of you maybe asking: Then why don't you just buy a new hard drive instead of just bitching about it? While you do have a valid point, I just don't have the funds to be buying a new hard driver considering I'm a broke college student. I do have the funds(most of it for school), but I don't know if I will be needing to spend over $100 on a hard drive since I hardly have the time to play video games now.

You want to know why else I don't want to buy hard drives? It's pretty hard to find the amount of hard driver space I want for under $100. For the love of God, please don't buy one of these hard drives.

If you really want to buy it, then go on Amazon
Okay, this particular hard drive can also be used on Xbox 360 and can be plugged in directly into the console through a USB cable. However, to overprice the damn thing at $149.99 is just absurd. Seagate literally has a 5TB hard drive external hard drive that can be used for Xbox One games for just $130! Other than the fact it runs on its own power supply, there is nothing wrong with the 5TB hard drive. Save yourselves some money and buy the 5TB hard drive.

As video games get bigger in memory, then the need for more hard drive space increases as well. This is a problem that can be fixed, so why on Earth can't Microsoft sell Xbox One consoles with bigger hard drives? I get that it will increase the price, but at least it'll be better than spending an extra $100 down the road.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: