Friday, September 25, 2015

Black Ops 3 will not have a campaign on Last-Gen consoles: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Hey Guys, it's been recently announced that Call of Duty Black Ops III will be lacking a single player campaign on PS3 and Xbox 360. I know some of you may be angry about this, but I'm pretty sure most Call of Duty players really won't care. However, there are pros and cons that I believe should be addressed about this.























The Good: I think this would encourage more people to actually buy the current-gen version of this game. It sure doesn't warrant buying a new current-gen console, but Call of Duty: Black Ops III is best experienced on a PS4, PC, and Xbox One. There really is no reason to be buying this game on last-gen console unless you don't have a current-gen console or don't want to pay full price for the game for any number of reason. You'll still have multiplayer and Zombies, so be happy about that. Did I forget the $50 price tag? I believe it should be much lower than that to be honest.

The Bad: According to a blog post by Activison, "The ambitious scope of the 1-4 player coop Campaign design of the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions could not be faithfully recreated on old generation hardware". I wish I could facepalm so much harder. Everybody knew that the 4 player co-op mode would not be possible on last-gen consoles ever since the game was announced, but did it really mean that the campaign had to be removed? You could still play Borderlands by yourself and it really wouldn't effect the story. I guess Activision was too cheap to make sure the game's campaign can still function even if a player is playing on his/her own.

The Ugly: This game is no where near the technical hardware limits that Grand Theft Auto V or even The Phantom Pain have reached. Black Ops III is not really a next-gen looking game. Sure it may have a buttery smooth framerate, but it doesn't mean that it's really that beautiful. The game looks good, but not THAT good.

Honestly, I wish I could say more, but then I'll just be rambling. However, I will say that last-gen users have to understand that they are getting left behind each year when a new game releases. I anticipate by next-year that most AAA games will not be releasing on last-gen consoles and most of the games on last-gen will probably be kids games and sports games.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: