Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Project Scorpio: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I know what I said about talking about new consoles. However, I need to talk about this because of how damaging it really is.
It's expected to release is Holiday 2017









Look, I know I sound like I'm being pessimistic, but I'm just keeping it real with you guys because if I see bullshit I'm going to call out the bullshit. Now, I will give this console some credit because it's adequate enough to compete with PCs. If you haven't seen the trailer, I noticed they put emphasis on the 6 teraflop processor. Not bad at all for a console.

Anyways, the biggest takeaway of this trailer was the 4K support for Project Scorpio. Yes, 4K gaming will be possible for Project Scorpio. However, you need to have a 4K TV to get the best experience from Project Scorpio. I'm not kidding you could see the proof here. Phil Spencer even suggests getting the Xbox One S if you don't own a 4K TV.

How many of you have or know someone with a 4K TV? Not many I suppose. Personally, I don't know anyone with a 4K TV. I don't own a 4K TV because I don't really have a use for it due to the low amount of support for it. I get that there are channels dedicated to 4K, but most of them are for sports and I'm not a big sports fan.

If you don't own a 4K TV, you pretty have to spend at least $500 on both the TV and console. I'm assuming that Project Scorpio will cost around $300-$500. This is exactly what pisses me off about Project Scorpio.

I have no idea how many times I said this, but what the hell did they wait this long to create a more powerful console? It's been almost three years since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One released. However, they are already releasing more consoles. Not even three years, guys.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: