Friday, June 3, 2016

Metal Gear Solid Pachinko: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, it's been about eight months since Metal Gear Solid V released. It's easily one of the best games of 2015 and maybe the best Metal Gear Solid game in terms of gameplay. Anyways, fans have doubted the continuation of the series due to Kojima's departure from Konami.

However, this trailer released back on Monday shows a remastered Snake Eater using the Fox Engine, which powers Metal Gear Solid V. The trailer itself isn't bad, but the reception to the trailer is not good at all. Before I go more in depth about the trailer, let me show you a screenshot.

Just admire the beauty....
Seriously, Snake Eater was a great looking game when it was released back in 2004. Just looking at what the Fox Engine is capable of shows us how far we have come in terms of graphical technology. It even shows that Konami is capable of re-re remastering Metal Gear Solid 3.

This brings me to my main beef with the trailer. Metal Gear Solid 3 is being turned into a pinball machine just in case you didn't know what a pachinko was.

What the hell Konami!? You're telling me that you have the budget to make a pinball machine and not a full remaster? I understand that Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker were remastered in HD for both Xbox 360 and PS3 a while ago, but this is using the Fox Engine!

Imagine if Metal Gear Solid 3 was released as a full remaster. It would sell like hotcakes! I know I would be willing to buy it since Metal Gear Solid 3 is a great game.

Instead of actually remastering the game, why not release Chapter 3 for Metal Gear Solid V. I have no idea if it exists anymore, but if it does you might as well bring it back and release it for free to make up for all your wrongs.

Nonetheless, Konami is only going down the drain. If they did decide to make a remaster of Metal Gear Solid 3, then they would actually gain some respect back.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: