Monday, June 13, 2016

Should the Skyrim Remaster be free on PC?

Hey Guys, E3 is officially in full swing. There was a number of things that were announced yesterday that I want to talk about, but I don't think I'll be covering everything. I'll only talk about anything I personally find interesting or won't like. I will be making some mentions here and there.

Anyways, let me get back to talking about the Skyrim remaster.

Yes, that's right. There is a Skyrim remaster on the way and will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28th.

I do not really have strong opinions on Skyrim. I don't remember much about Skyrim since it has been a while since I played the game. I should also add that I purchased the Legendary Edition of the game that came with all the DLC. All I remember is playing through the main game as well as the DLC quests and just stopped playing because there was not much to do. Yeah, I might have missed a shit ton of things, but I got bored of the game after a while.

Although it may look like I'm rambling, I'm not and you'll know why I went on for so long. I was indifferent to the remaster until I saw this...
Image provided by Twitter















Although I own the game the game on console, I laughed my ass off on this. Literally, Bethesda practically said "Fuck You" to console players. However, we get to have mod support ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)! Let me explain.

Because of mods already available on PC, Skyrim already has been remastered. Arguably, modders have done a better job remastering the game than Bethesda did, but it is my lousy opinion.

Realistically, Skyrim should only be remastered on console because the PC version of the game was the superior version of the game when it released back in 2011. Should the Skyrim remaster be free on console in this case? No, it still takes effort to remaster the game on consoles, so Bethesda should make a profit out of it.

I feel the game is only free for PC players because Bethesda already knows that Skyrim has already been remastered on PC a long time ago.

I'll be posting a couple of more articles later today depending on how much is announced today. I want to talk about the Fallout 4 DLC, Dishonored 2, and maybe Titanfall 2.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: