Saturday, December 12, 2015

Censorship in Video Games....just why?

Hey Guys, I really did not want to have to talk about this. I thought that maybe if people just didn't care what was going on then maybe all of this would just go away. You would not believe how bad I facepalmed when I heard that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 wouldn't release in Western territories. Ever since I heard that some parts of Street Fighter 5 was censored, I just went bonkers!

You know who really is to blame for this? Social Justice Warriors. SJWs are possibly the worst the internet has to offer. I swear these people just look for anything to get offended about! I can kind of understand why they would be so angry, but unless they are directly being effected or have been through some kind of traumatic experience then they have no reason to be offended.

However, even though SJWs are a bunch of low-life ignorant, instigating a-holes, video game companies are not exactly innocent either. Want to know why? Well, they are quick to give in to SJWs' demands. Seriously, unless there is a universal boycott against a game then something has gone wrong. Even then, it's still a video game, so people have the right to play it if they so choose.

And that's the thing. It's a video game! So what if it's objectifying women? Is it changing the way men treat women? Well, that depends, but it does not change anything for the most part! It's not okay to objectify women, but if it's purely for fiction and does not effect how women are treated in real life then I really do not see the problem.

If an SJW is reading this which I'm positive there will be since they love to get offended, then why do you feel the need to complain about something like this? There is a very simple solution to this: DO NOT BUY THE GAME! If you do not like the way a game is, then don't buy it! Who are you to say what games should be censored or not!? I'm a consumer myself, so I would really appreciate if the game I play are not censored as I paid to get the full product.

I'm not really interested in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 nor Street Fighter 5. I do not plan on buying either game. Well, I can't buy Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 since it won't even be available here in the US. You don't see me complaining about the sexual nature in each of these games because I'm already familiar with how each game is.

I don't think we'll see an end to this. 2015 is just full of people looking to get offended. These people just offend me by getting offended by anything.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: