Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Game Awards 2015: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, the Game Awards were on Thurday! I did not hear of it until last week, but I thought I check it out to see how bad it was going to turn out. Remember VGX 2013? Yeah, that was pretty bad. I didn't get a chance to see the Game Awards 2014, so I really can't give a fair opinion.

What can I say about it? Well, I thought it was okay. It wasn't great, but I did find some things from the show pretty cool.

I really loved the tribute to Satoru Iwata. They could have done a little more, but what they did was still honorable to Iwara nonetheless. I really wished more would have been said rather than just having sad music played for him.

If you were on the livestream or watched the Game Awards a little later, remember the the Best Performance winner announcement? I thought that was hilarious! I forgot who presented it, but she said Witcher 3 won, but then Viva Seifert from Her Story actually went up to the stage to get the award. It was a minor mistake, but it was pretty funny.

What I took away from the show was Rocket League coming to Xbox One! It won't be coming until February 2016. However, I really was disappointed that cross-platform play will not be allowed on the Xbox One version. You can blame Microsoft for that.

Okay, let me go on about Game of the Year. It was obvious that Mario Maker and Bloodbourne would not win due to them being console exclusive games. I already knew Fallout 4 wouldn't win because it hasn't even been out for a month. Additionally, it would be a pretty boring show if everyone knew it was going to win since the game would obviously win if it were released earlier in the year.

It was between Phantom Pain and Witcher 3. You should have seen the comment section during the livestream. You had people just typing angrily of who would win. I wanted Phantom Pain to win, so you could imagine how disappointed I was to find out that Witcher 3 won. However, I'm not going to complain about how MGSV should have won.

What I am going to complain about is the fact that Hideo Kojima wasn't allowed to be at the Game Awards! Konami is only proving itself to be the lowest of the low in gaming companies. I don't even think EA would pull off something like this!

Overall, I still enjoyed my time watching. You can find the livestream on YouTube, but I think the audio was messed up when it was processing.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: