Sunday, December 27, 2015

Games I'm looking forward to in 2016

Hey Guys, can you believe that 2015 is almost over? I feel like I'm getting older by the second. There have been a number of great games this year as well as some disappointments. I didn't play enough games to make a "Top 10" list of either the best games or worst games. However, my personal game of the year is Metal Gear Solid V.

Anyways, this is my list of games that I am looking forward to. This is in no particular order and is based purely on my own opinion.

Friday the 13th: The Game


Image provided by GameSpot













This is a game that I just went nuts over when it was announced! I felt like I was being sexually harassed but in a good way. Okay, that may not be a good simile, but I think you get my point. I am a big fan of the movies. The idea that you would be able to play as Jason or run from him is brilliant! This game has so much potential and the developer promises that there will be brutal kills.

However, the game is indie developed. There is a chance the game could be disappointing or even terrible, but there is a chance that this will be one of the best survival-horror games of 2016. Either way, my hopes are very high for this game.


Quantum Break


This is an Xbox One exclusive...
















I've heard of this game back in 2013. That was a really long time ago or it at least feels like it's been a long time. Regardless, I'm really excited that this game is finally coming out in 2016! I think the time manipulation powers is what got my attention. It's something new!

Sure, there have been games that involve time travel, but Quantum Break is also choice driven. I guess I'm a sucker for any game that lets me have my own choices. Additionally, there will be puzzle elements in the game, so it will be a fresh breath of air.

Much like Friday the 13th, there is still a chance that this game will be disappointing, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Gears of War 4


I am uncomfortable with the new characters...















Although I was not a big fan of Gears of War: Judgement, I am exited to see where the franchise will go to. As soon as I saw the first trailer, my love of the series was reignited because of all the fond memories I have from Gears of War 2 & 3. Yeah, I didn't start off with the first one.

Not much has been said about the game, but the beta should be releasing sometime in the spring. Hopefully, this game will bring the franchise back!

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst 


The only EA game I will buy this year















I didn't play Mirror's Edge until 2012. Although the game was linear and relatively short, I loved every minute that I played the game. The art style was cool and the parkour system was amazing! The games does hold up today, but it's still too short.

My hopes are still mixed here since EA is running the show here even though DICE is developing the game.

I know what most of you guys are thinking, but there really is not too many games that I want to play in 2016. Additionally, I really wanted to put The Division on this list, but I keep hearing news that this game is becoming more disappointing.

I got another post coming up soon that might be interesting for you guys to read! Let's just say that it involves Grand Theft Auto V.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: