Sunday, August 7, 2016

Update: My recent game pickups #2

Hey Guys, it's another slow month for gaming. Fall is around the corner, which means that most of the biggest games of the year are releasing. I'd like to call it Broketober. Before I actually go broke for buying new video games, I decided to pick up even more games I haven't got a chance to try out.

I didn't buy a lot since I kind of need money to buy books for school, so I did the best I could with the limited budget I have.

Yeah, just two for now
I actually bought Borderlands: The Handsome Collection sometime last month. It was on sale at Gamestop for like $15. Since The Handsome Collection comes with two games and all the DLC, I found it impossible to let this deal pass me up.

However, I haven't really got a chance to play it. I already owned Borderlands 2 with the DLC that came with the Game of the Year Edition, so I installed The Pre-Sequel first because I never played it and I don't have enough room to install both games. From what little time I spent playing the Pre-Sequel, I would say it's a fun game. I just wish I had time to go back to it.

Witcher 3 was a game I had my eyes on for over a year now. I just never got around to it for two reasons: I never finished Witcher 2 and I was afraid that I didn't have the time to play it.

The reason why I haven't finished Witcher 2 is because I got stuck on part and haven't picked it up since. I already regret that decision since it was a great game. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall it from my hard drive to make room. One of these days, I will get back into the game.

Since I didn't complete Witcher 2, I wasn't sure if I would be lost if I just went into Witcher 3. However, it really isn't necessary to complete Witcher 1 and 2 to get into Witcher 3.

I almost threw a fit during The Game Awards when Witcher 3 won Game of the Year instead of Metal Gear Solid V. However, I understand why it won because I am having a blast with Witcher 3 right now. I've been switching between Overwatch and Witcher 3 in my free time. I put almost 20 hours into Witcher 3 and barely progressed through the story because of how much there is to do in the game.

Although I really haven't put in that much time into Witcher 3, I can say that it's worth picking up right now! There really is no excuse not to get the game other than if you are indifferent, don't like the franchise, or are waiting for the Game of the Year Edition. However, if you are thinking about getting the game please stop thinking about it and get it. It's totally worth your time and hard earned money.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: