Sunday, August 7, 2016

Overwatch Summer Games Update: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I know this update launched earlier this week, but I never got a chance to talk about it. I haven't talked about Overwatch since I wrote my article about McCree.

Image Provided by Rock Paper Shotgun
Before I go into my thoughts, I should first let you know that this is a time-limited event that will end by August 22nd. If you want any of these skins, you need to get them before they are gone forever. Well, I hope it's not forever.

Anyways, I love how Lucioball is a homage to Rocket League. I wouldn't say it's a blatant rip-off since it's only temporary I assume. I'd rather play Rocket League instead, but it's still a cool week brawl event. I can't wait to see what's coming up in the week coming up.

My main issue with this update is the Summer Loot Box. Seriously, it's already enough that the random loot box system will make even the patient of men throw their controller out of frustration. Overwatch players know that feeling after busting their asses off for hours trying to level up to get a loot box and end up getting shit items.

That's exactly what's going on with me! I hardly have the time to play the game, so I've been trying to squeeze in the time to play the game and commit to at least leveling up once a day to get a loot box.

As of writing this, I am on level 38. I know that I am such a low level, but keep in mind that I don't really have the time to play the game as much as I want to. Anyways, I've been getting nothing but summer voice lines, player icons, and victory poses. I have yet to get a summer skin.

I am working my ass off just for this skin only,

Image Provided by Rock Paper Shotgun
Yes, I love playing as McCree. Even though I do like Tracer's skin as well, I prefer McCree's patriotic outfit. Besides, I can't see Tracer's ass through her new skin anyway. Yes, I do love Tracer's ass, but that's besides the point.

Personally, I believe that this update was made for a quick buck. Think about it. The event is time-limited and the loot boxes are available to buy through microtransactions. Because I haven't gotten any legendary items, I assume you have a higher chance of getting better items by buying loot boxes. However, it's still a gamble anyways.

This update would be great if only there was a more efficient way of earning loot boxes at a faster rate. Most of us don't have the time to earn these loot boxes and don't want to buy them. It would have been cool to buy these loot boxes by using in-game credits.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: