Thursday, August 18, 2016

Metal Gear Survive: My Thoughts

Hey Guys, I am about a day late with this, but I just watched this trailer yesterday and didn't get a chance to write about it. I wanted to write about the No Man's Sky controversy, but I never played the game and have a passion for Metal Gear, so I decided to write about Metal Gear Survive.

Just the obvious connection to The Phantom Pain is sickening...


What can I say that hasn't been said already? Seriously, there is almost nothing good to say about this pathetic excuse for a game. I'm ashamed to even give my opinions on this game because I am only drawing more attention to it.

Either Konami has run out of ideas or just needs a way to earn a quick buck. Regardless, they thought this new "game" of theirs would sell just based on the concept and the game.

Zombies? Is that the best they could come up with? How about a second Metal Gear Rising? However, I prefer they don't even make another Metal Gear game because the franchise is pretty much over with. Well, it's technically been over since Metal Gear Solid IV, but I guess prequels are okay. I expected Konami to make pinball machines, but I had no idea they would fall back to a zombie game(let alone a zombie Metal Gear game).

Essentially, this is just Call of Duty Zombies mode, but with different variations of zombies and with the Metal Gear name. Horde mode only works if done in different ways that doesn't seem so monotonous. However, zombie horde mode is just overdone. Additionally, it's Konami, so anything they really do is just awful.

Konami recently announced that the game will not be full priced. However, watch it be like $50. I will only give a little respect if the game is way under $15. Even if the game were reasonably priced, I wouldn't even play it because it's not done by Kojima. Metal Gear will not be the same with Kojima. Well, Metal Gear Rising did great, but I'm positive we're not getting a sequel to the game.

Honestly, I would rather let the franchise die peacefully rather than just suffer at the hands of a god awful company that betrays its employees.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: