Sunday, August 16, 2015

Why do people buy Amiibo Figures?

Hey Guys, I want to first say that the last Nintendo product I bought was probably over 5 years ago. I usually buy every new Mario game that releases, but I stopped using Nintendo consoles a long time ago when I switched over to Microsoft and it's been a while since I even looked at the latest Nintendo products.

Literally, I didn't even knew this came out until a couple of weeks ago...























Honestly, I had to do some research on this New Nintendo 3DS XL because I honestly don't know what's so new about it. The only significant changes that are noteworthy are the additions of the c-stick and the amiibo support. That's it. I really don't see what the difference between this and the regular 3DS XL.

I can go on forever talking about the 3DS because I'm not that big of a fan. I prefer the 2DS in all honesty as I'm a fan of its design and I'll take it over the 3DS anytime. Anyways, I'm just changing the topic at this point.

Like the 3DS, I had to do some research on the amiibo to figure out more about it. After doing some research on it, I don't see what is so special about it. Yeah, you can buy a character to get level him/her up while gaining some bonuses, but it's essentially overpriced DLC.

Think about it. Isn't just Nintendo's take on Skylanders? Seriously, this almost the exact same thing except this is with Nintendo characters and each character is around $10-$15. As a matter of fact, it might be even more than that!

I thought these types of figure were a gimmick. I usually see kids walking out of the store with one of these things. I could see people buying these amiibos for collection purposes only, but I don't understand why they would use them. Do they really make that much of an impact.

I know I am being ignorant right now, but this is something that shouldn't be priced at this point! $15 for a plastic figure that I might get bored of in less than a day? Well, that sure sounds like an awesome idea! *sarcasm*
Till Next Time!!

No comments: