Monday, August 24, 2015

Metal Gear Solid V's Reviews are Insane!

Hey Guys, if you didn't already know reviews of Metal Gear Solid V have been releasing yesterday. We already knew the game was going to be good, but "good" is a big understatement to describe this game. Just look at these scores...

I swear I didn't edit this. You can check this out right here on VG247



























I'm positive that we all expected this game to be good, but apparently not THIS good. However, it seems reviews happen to criticize the same thing which is the story. I've seen that most of them are mixed. IGN believes it to be "sparse" while GameSpot says that it has a rather weak conclusion. Apparently, there is also this paywall that GameSpot was talking about for the multiplayer, but I don't really think it should be a concern until the multiplayer portion of this game releases.

Should the game receive a 10 even though the story may not be as good? Honestly, I really don't think it matters. Critics universally loved the gameplay! There is just so much content in this game that it really doesn't matter that the story may not be that good. How would we know there is a lot of content? The game is way too long to complete before actually releasing it on September 1st. Seriously, I bet most reviewers wouldn't be able to finish it in time if they received their review copies three days before the game releases.

If anything, more games should have early reviews like this! Think about that for a second. If critics got to release early reviews for games, then people would know whether to buy it or not. Pre-orders for this game are going to rise for this game! I don't even know if I'll have time to review this game seeing how long it's going to be. However, it should be safe to say that this game is worth full price.

Before I end this, these reviews were coming from the PS4. I don't know anything about the last-gen versions of the game, but there really is no reason for anybody who doesn't have a current-gen console to buy this game.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: