Friday, July 10, 2015

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One Bundle - Is it really worth a buy?

Hey Guys, there was just a number of bundles announced at Comic-Con yesterday. This is one in particular does catch my attention because I do consider myself to be a Gears of War fan. However, is it really worth a buy?
Image provided by Digital Trends
Now, my first impression of this bundle is the appearance. If I was a customer shopping for a gift and have no idea about video games, I would probably look for something that looks a lot 'colorful'. What I mean by colorful is something that has a cool design. Sure it may look cool to have a Gears of War banner below the box, but it's not doing enough to say "buy me".

Anyways, this bundle will contain,

  • A digital download code for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
  • 1 Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • An Xbox One 500GB system
  • Early access to the Gears of War 4 beta
  • Superstar Cole multiplayer skin
  • 14-day Xbox Live Gold Trial
If you're a massive Gears of War fan, there is no reason for you not to buy this bundle. The early access to the Gears of War 4 beta has to be the highlight item in this bundle. I'm more than positive that would make any Gears of War fan happy. This is also a steal if you have never played Gears of War and are looking to buy an Xbox One.

Now, is it worth a buy for casual gamers who are trying to buy an Xbox One? Let me mention that this bundle is $349. The game itself is great! However, I don't think this was a smart idea for a number of reasons. First, why would they sell a 500GB Xbox One console? You can buy a 1TB Xbox One Console that is bundled with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. for just $400. Second, why would they only add one game? I totally get that this is a Gears of War bundle, but maybe Microsoft could have added a first party game with it just to even it out. Why do I make this point? Because for $349, you can get a 500GB Xbox One console that is bundled with Assassin's Creed IV and Assassin's Cree: Unity. Sure it may be 500GB, but people would buy it because it comes with two games. Halo: The Master Chief Collection comes with 4 and soon to be 5 games!

I totally understand that you can upgrade the hard drive at a later time, but do you know how much more money you are spending? Trust me, you're going to spend a lot more money than you originally thought you would.

It's difficult to recommend this product because of its $349 price tag and the lack of actual content when you can get more games for the same price. Additionally, you can buy a 1TB Xbox One bundle for just $50 more! Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is a great game coming from the time I spent on the beta, but I don't think this bundle is for people who are looking to get their first Xbox One console and want to get a bang for their buck. The bundle will be released the same time the game releases which is August 25th and is available for pre-order.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: