Friday, July 3, 2015

My Thoughts on Fallout 4

Hey Guys, once again it's been a while since I posted anything. Additionally, it's been a while since E3 passed, so I actually find this as the perfect time to talk about each game that I find particular interesting to talk about. Today, I'm going to be giving you guys my thoughts on Fallout 4.
I'm actually most excited for the return of the Power Armor

What can I say about this game that hasn't already been said? We all know that this game is going to be good. Over the past 2 weeks or so more details have been released about the game including the new crafting system and the ability to actually create and manage towns.

I actually like the idea of building a mini-city. In addition, players will be able to gather survivors as well and even make homes for them. The same thing applies to the players themselves and their companions. This is a neat feature that is similar to State of Decay except you can actually build from the ground up.

How can I also forget Dogmeat? Face it, most of us will be taking Dogmeat as our loyal companion throughtout the game and the better news is that Dogmeat can't die. This just furthers my interest in just having Dogmeat as my companion since he can't die.

The #1 thing that I am most looking forward to is Mod support on Xbox One. This is the smartest thing that Bethesda has ever done. I don't play PC, but I am fully aware of how Mods actually make a game a hundred times better and actually increases its life span. Left 4 Dead 2 was made back in 2009, but remains as one of the most popular games on PC because of its mod use. However, Mod support won't be available on day one. It'll probably be a couple of months before it's actually available. Bethesda is currently trying to make a deal with Sony to allow Mod support on the PS4 version of the game, so it'll take longer for PlayStation user to experience Mod support.

Despite all these cool gameplay elements that have been announced, I really hope that the Hardcore Mode difficulty setting from New Vegas returns because it delivered a more realistic, challenging experience. I find it to be the way Fallout was meant to be played. Although, Hardcore Mode really wasn't difficult in New Vegas, but I wouldn't say it was easy either.

Now let me talk about this...
It's been a long time since I have seen any pre-order bonus to a game actually sell out. Literally, this Pip-Boy Edition for Fallout 4 sold like Hot Cakes. When they first announced this, I thought it was pretty cool. I'm only talking about the Pip-Boy itself not really on how it functions. This thing is pretty much a phone case with buttons, but it's still a cool looking replica of the Pip-Boy. As of today, it's nearly impossible to find this anywhere else besides eBay, but they sell at ridiculous amounts of money. Honestly, I would have bought it just to have it on a shelf rather than actually using it for the game. $120? Not bad for both the Pip-Boy and the game.

As soon as this game was announced, I simply said, "Shut up and take my money!". Yes, I do have the game on pre-order as well as Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I already know these games are going to be good, so I actually don't mind pre-ordering these games despite the fact that I'm against pre-ordering games.

One final note, those who pre-order Fallout 4 digitally on Xbox One will be entitles to receive a download code for Fallout 3 on Xbox 360. It's a cool offer, but you can get the physical game with all the DLC with the GOTY Edition of Fallout 3 dirt cheap. Furthermore, most people already have Fallout 3! There currently isn't any word on the PlayStation 4 version of the offer.

If there is a season pass available for this game, it would be a worthwhile investment to this reread content-fueled game. Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on November 10, 2015.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: